Monday, February 1, 2010

Figure Painting Class

11x16 inch oil on canvas
11x14 inch oil on canvas

Well another great week in figure painting, I painted another self portrait as the home work assignment. I was to use one color plus white, using a single light source. Kind of an angry look, but what ever. This time I followed the directions and understand the purpose of the assignment.
The painting I did from the live model in class was my attempt at abstracting the figure more and leaving out as much information as possible and still have it read. Then I got carried away but the instructor helped me see what I needed to do to bring back a bit of structure and try to define my focal point. It worked but I still have two of the three focal points and I only need one. I will have to work on that next time.

No comments: